Turkey appetizer recipes are always popular during the holidays. This one uses deli-sliced turkey and a tasty cream cheese and bell pepper mixture, all wrapped up in hearty tortillas. The ingredients are flexible, allowing wiggle room to suit even the pickiest eaters. And kids love these turkey wraps too!
The turkey pinwheels are sliced into bite-sized rounds, but they can easily do double duty as hearty buffet far. Simple cut the prepared rolls in half on the diagonal, and wrap the straight end in a napkin or foil. They’re still easily portable, but larger and more filling this way.
Mixing finely chopped red and green bell peppers into the cream cheese mixture makes this a pretty appetizer with Christmas colors blended in. There’s no reason that they can’t be made any other time of the year though! Substitute other colors of peppers, or use shredded carrots, diced celery, or even finely chopped olives or pickles in place of the peppers. For something a little spicier, add a diced jalapeno pepper to the mix.
Turkey pinwheels can be made up to a day ahead of time. After rolling the tortillas, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice the wraps just before serving, and arrange on a platter.
For the dry salad dressing and dip mix, use a flavour that will complement the other ingredients. For this particular recipe, try ranch, onion, or herb and garlic. Or, to make things even easier, substitute a package of flavoured cream cheese.
Holiday Tip: Use green tortillas (made with spinach) for more festive color. Garnish the platter with slices of radish and sprigs of fresh parsley.
Turkey Pinwheels Recipe
makes about 60 appetizers
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 20 slices deli turkey
- 1 small bag baby spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package dry salad dressing and dip mix, ranch or onion flavour
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Put it All Together
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese with dry dressing or dip mix. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Stir in bell pepper.
- Divide cream cheese mixture between tortillas and spread evenly. Cover cream cheese layers with a layer of baby spinach leaves. Top with two slices of turkey per tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas, firmly but carefully, into wraps. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, slice each wrap into 6 equal pinwheels. Secure pinwheels with toothpicks if necessary.
What the electronics supply is best for you in 2017?
Do you like beard grow xl vitamins?
Read how to stop cats from peeing, new review is here.